Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cyber Crop Time

Friday was cyber crop night at Scrap Pile. Our theme was "Christmas In July" with lots of fun challenges.
My challenge was to create a set of 4 Christmas cards based on sketches I'd made, they are my first attempt at making a sketch.
I purposely made these cards standard size, flat & simple to make it quick & cheap to make a lot of them & also so they can be sent in the mail at the reduced Christmas postal rate...too much lumpy, bumpy will them more expensive.
Here are my example cards.


I've used Crate paper & diecuts & American Crafts rub ons.
...And here are the sketches-









Here's another card I made recently for my sweet little grand daughter's 2nd birthday. She loves The Wiggles & it was the theme for her party.



This cyber crop was the last one for my fellow design team member, Melanie. It is very sad to have her leave & I just want to say thank you & well done to her for all the great work she has done & for the support & help she's given me. You will be very missed Melanie.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

HEY BF, love your sketches and your examples....and guess what...shock of shocks, yes, I have made mine already.They are on my blog.Thanks for a great challenge.I am going to sit and make a heap more too.

Suzanne said...

Hi Jewls,

I had a fun time the other night, started to get the hang of it towards the end. I cant wait to try these sketches.
Your cards have turned out fantastic and I love the wiggles card.