Friday, August 21, 2009

WARNING!!!!! This Is A Neglected Blog.....

What can I say.... sometimes life just gets in the way!!!!
Things have been stupidly busy here lately & the days have seemed half as long. I feel really terrible for neglecting this poor little blog. Even more shameful is that my last post title was Goodbye July & now it's nearly the end of August....oh the shame!!!!
I haven't even made all that much during that time either but I will try to find where I left off & catch up again.

Firstly, there has been some very exciting & happy news. My second home, "Scrap Pile", was going to close it's doors for good until at the last minute, it was saved & bought by a new owner.
It was such a relief to all the regular girls, we have become like family to one another & were very sad at the thought of losing our special place.

A really lovely lady called Gill is the proud new owner of Scrap Pile & she's also a West Aussie & even better, lives in a neighbouring suburb to me, YAY!!!! We've got together for a coffee, which was wonderful & she was also kind enough to invite me along to the Print Blocks Roadshow on Thursday where we got to touch & see loads of gorgeous CHA goodies. I don't envy her having to choose what to order though, I don't think I'd be able to say no to anything, LOL.

Anyway, when we thought SP was going to close, we decided to have one last big bash together so organized a weekend of scrapping fun.
My challenge was to make an altered book.
It's something I personally haven't done before but it was loads of fun. I even FINALLY cut into my precious stack of Cosmo Cricket "Early Bird" papers for this!!!!

This is my book which I am using as a sketch journal.







Another of the challenges was to make a card using a stamped image that you coloured.
This gorgeous rose stamp was from a recent stamped image swap at SP & I've coloured it with chalks.







Last weekend I made this set of 10 cards with a 6 x 6 pad of Basic Grey "June Bug" papers.







Well that ended up being a fairly long winded post, didn't it?
I will try not to be so naughty in future & update more often.

What are you all up to at the moment?
I'd love to hear what is catching your eye & what you are enjoying making at the moment.
Leave my a link to your blog so I can pop by & check out your gorgeous creations.
Take care until next time :)

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Lucky you going along to the roadshow with Gill, Jewls. Most of my creating is out in the dirt lately, so it all looks much the same right now, lol. Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely creations.

Melissa said...

Hey FL, bout time you got around to updating, you slacko...hehe.Only kidding.Life certainly takes it twists and turns hey??? It is great that SP doesn't have to go isn't it.There would have been many sad faces , if Gill hadn't bought it. I am still going to do my notebook, just need to get my A into G.Soon.
Love to you and yours.Love ME xo

Suzanne said...

Glad that wasnt the end of scrap pile for you and the Print Blocks Roadshow sounds like a fun way to spend a day.

Leah said...

Lucky duck getting to tag along to PrintBlocks! Don't think I could say no to anything either!

BTW don't bother checking my blog for updates yet either, cause I haven't updated in a while either!! So glad I'm not the only one who neglects her blog though!! :)

Take care chickadee, and thanks for the altered notebook challenge. I had such a fun time with mine :)

Her Essential Hand said...

life sure gets busy doesn't like!!
That is terrfic about your LSS being bought and closing!
Love the altered book and all thsoe yummy cards.
x